Heavy Rotation is on a mission to present 10 of the best (recent) Heavy/Progressive/Power/Epic metal tracks that you must listen…
Curated by: Christos Doukakis
- Dawnwalker is a British experimental progressive metal/rock band blending heavy music with melodic folk and prog influences. and they recently dropped their latest 6-track ‘Crestfallen EP‘.
- Hailing from the Midwest via Richmond IN, Wolftooth shared their heavy metal ‘beast’ ‘Firebreather‘, ahead of their upcoming album release next month on Ripple Music.
- Symphonic power metal band RavenLight is from Belftast, Ireland and recently announced the release details about their forthcoming full-length ‘Project Genesis‘.
- The title of Khemmis‘ new live mini album clealry describes their sound; ‘Doomed Heavy Metal‘ Heavy/doom metal out on Nuclear Blast.
- German outfit YARR mixes epic metal, folk, celtic, black metal, and even pirate metal so looking very much forward to their album ‘Öttilodon‘ on May 15!
HyperioN hail from COVID-struck Italy, and ‘play fast-paced, high-energy heavy metal‘. ‘Into The Maelstrom‘ is their debut album (released today) end expect ace old school heavy metal!
- Cypriots Solitary Sabred proved with their latest album ‘By Fire and Brimstone‘ that they are a more than calcutable band in the European epic metal scene.
- Validor is Greek heavy/epic/speed metal band led by guitarist/singer Odi Thunderer. U/g Athenians recently returned with their latest album ‘In Blood In Battle‘ via Bob Katsionis‘ Symmetric Records.
- Martyr‘s ‘Fists Of Iron EP‘ is a great example of NWOBHM, although they come from Germany. Fast & furious!
- Heliopolis from Virginia Beach, Virginia, create an intense djent heavy metal, progressive metal, symphonic hybrid, and yes it’s dope for a demo!