Heavy Rotation is on a mission to present 10 of the best (recent) Heavy/Progressive/Power/Epic metal tracks that you must listen…
Curated by: Mary Kalaitzidou
- The four-piece Wytch Hazel from Lancaster, UK finds its musical roots in the early hard rock and NWOBHM era. This song is from their third album ‘II: Sojourn‘.
- Satan’s Fall are a Finnish heavy metal band formed in 2015. They draw influence from the 80s traditional heavy/speed/power US metal.
- Forebind Ether were formed in 2007 in Kent, UK. They have released one demo and two full-length albums. The latest one ‘Dunamis‘ was released in May 2018.
- A Sound of Thunder from Washington D.C. create a blend of heavy and progressive metal from the classic era. Their latest album is called ‘It Was Metal‘.
- Dol Ammad from Greece released on August 10th the second episode of the Cosmic Gods saga, ‘Cosmic Gods – Episode II: Astroatlas‘. It is the fourth release from the band.
- King Heavy formed in 2005 and took its final line-up in 2012. The epic doom metallers from Belgium released ‘Guardian Demons‘ in June.
- Ancient Empire from San Francisco, serve the classic heavy metal sound. Their fourth album ‘Eternal Soldier‘ was released on July 4th as a tribute to the American memorial day.
- Leathurbitch is a new band from Portland, Oregon formed in 2015 and their new EP includes five amusing tracks. They describe their sound as “Sleaze Speed Metal”.
- The Rockford Heroes from Sweden, formed in 2010, take all the elements of the early rock and heavy metal history creating their own sound. This is from their second album ‘Ghostlights – A Matter Of Belief’.
- João Miguel is a multi-instrumentalist form Portugal. His second album ‘Stonesun‘ is an instrumental album built around an apocalyptic concept.