Heavy Rotation is on a mission to present 10 of the best (recent) Heavy/Progressive/Power/Epic metal tracks that you must listen…
Curated by: Mary Kalaitzidou
- Ihlo is a UK based metal band with progressive and electronic influences. Their debut album ‘Union‘ was out on May 31st via Twenty’s Plenty.
- The female-fronted Smoulder from Ontario, Canada perform epic/power heavy metal following the tradition of related mythology. Their debut album is ‘Times of Obscene Evil and Wild Daring‘ (Hoove Child Records)
- Riot City from Canada create a variation of NWOBHM not only musically but regarding the cover artwork and the tracks’ title as well. The result is amazing for fans of Judas Priest, Saxon, Iron Maiden etc. The album is called ‘Burn The Night‘.
- Mystik from Sweden perform old school speed metal. Their debut album ‘Mystik‘ is out via I HATE.
- The power metal band TAKEN from Pamplona, Spain released their second album ‘Unchained‘ in April.
Spirit Adrift were founded in Arizona in 2013. They released their third album ‘Divided By Darkness‘ in May via 20 Buck Spin.
- The Greeks Warrior Path having Bob Katsionis (Firewind, Nightfall) on bass/keyboards and guitars created an epic Heavy/Power album which is their debut released via Symmetric Records.
- Wings of Destiny is a power metal band from Costa Rica. They released their fourth album ‘Revelations‘ on May 31st on Melodic Revolution Records.
- Fireland released on June 1st their new album ‘Fireland IV: Forged In Fire‘. Both the title and cover artwork imply the collaboration of David Brown (USA) and Steve Moore (UK).
- Evilterror from Washington, D.C. are drawing inspiration from the ‘80s metal as well as the NWOBHM. Their 4th album ‘Dynamite‘ is out via Reposia Records.