Heavy Rotation is on a mission to present 10 of the best (recent) Heavy/Progressive/Power/Epic metal tracks that you must listen…
Curated by: Mary Kalaitzidou
- The guitarist of Kill Devil Hill, Mark Zavon released his first self-titled solo album on November 23rd via EMP Label Group, the label founded by David Ellefson (Megadeth).
[<iframe style=”border: 0; width: 100%; height: 120px;” src=”https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=3701435382/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/artwork=small/track=1113923295/transparent=true/” seamless><a href=”http://markzavonofficial.bandcamp.com/album/mark-zavon”>Mark Zavon by Mark Zavon</a></iframe]
- Kalidia is a power/symphonic metal band from Tuscany, Italy. They released their sophomore album ‘The Frozen Throne‘ on November 23rd via Inner Wound Recordings.
- “Tulsa Doom” is a character from the film “Conan The Barbarian“. The band Tulsadoom from Austria influenced by the film, are creating a “barbaric metal” which results in a blackened heavy metal sound.
- Andrey Gadzhibalaev from Russia is an independent artist who creates a hybrid of styles: heavy/power metal, progressive metal, djent and electronic among others.
- Sunflower Dead formed in 2012 in California, US. Their debut self-titled album was ranked “Album of the Week” by Revolver Magazine. Their third album ‘COMA‘ is out since November 16th.
- Graveyard Witch is a new heavy/thrash metal band from San Diego, California and ‘Year of the Witch‘ is their first EP.
- Saboter is a Greek heavy metal band from Athens. Their second album ‘Architects of Evil‘ was released on November 19th via No Remorse Records.
- Motive from Arizona, US are active since 1999 and follow an old school heavy/thrash musical and lyrical style. Their latest album is titled ‘Fight the World‘.
- Lutharö is a female-fronted heavy metal band from Canada. ‘Unleash the Beast‘ is their new EP released on November 16th.
- Marcelo Costa from Brazil is a musician, teacher and producer. ‘V.O.R.T.E.X Ignis Divinus‘ is his first solo album which is instrumental with symphonic and progressive metal elements.